A shooting that claimed the life of a Hamilton County woman has left investigators and family members looking for answers. It happened Sunday morning in Soddy-Daisy. The sheriff's office was called to a home off Wellthor Circle, where they found 63-year-old Sandra Davis with a gunshot wound. She was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead.

The victim's niece tells Channel 3 her Aunt was a loving person and she still can not believe what has happened.

"We just hate that she's gone," says Jennifer Davis.

Jennifer Davis says as soon as she got word her Aunt, 63-year-old Sandra Davis, had been shot to death, she made the two hour drive from Kennesaw, Georgia as fast as she could.

"The family's trying to come together. We're grieving and we all have questions and want answers. At this point in time, we don't have everything. We're just trying to deal with the grief right now," says Davis.

Deputies were called to her aunt's home around 11 o'clock Sunday morning. The Hamilton County Criminal Investigation Division is not saying much about what they found, if anyone else was home at the time of the shooting or if they have any other leads. Jennifer says the family does not know much either.

"We just don't know any details yet other than we lost a wonderful woman that was a wonderful mother and grandmother and aunt and friend and just one of the kindest people in the world."

"It does worry me a little bit," says neighbor Megan McNabb. "I mean, we do have our own home security, so, I'm not that concerned, but I am. Because what if it was my house?"

McNabb lives just down the road from where the shooting happened. She says her neighborhood is usually a quiet one.

"We do have the occasional, I guess you could call it a 'hillbilly gunshot,' just people out shooting, whatever," she says.

But McNabb says this shooting has left her on edge, especially having an almost 2-year-old daughter. While she does not know Sandra Davis' family, she sends condolences for their loss and hopes investigators piece together what happened soon.

"I'm glad it wasn't mine or my husband's or hers. I really feel sorry for the family," she says.

Davis' body was sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy. Investigators say they will be able to comment further on the case once they have those results.