UPDATE: Unattended cooking oil causes house fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Unattended cooking oil causes house fire

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

One person was sent to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following an afternoon fire in North Chattanooga.

The call came in just before 6:00 p.m. of a kitchen fire on Lytle Street.  There were reportedly two people in the house when one of the home's occupants noticed the fire while walking his dog. 

The man told firefighters that he went into the house and helped two people out to the yard.

Firefighters were able to contain most of the fire damage to the kitchen area, but the home sustained heavy smoke and water damage. 

All three individuals were checked out by Hamilton County EMS.  One person was taken to the hospital as a precaution since he suffered from a pre-existing health condition. Officials say he did not suffer smoke inhalation as initially reported.

The fire is being ruled accidental, due to oil being left unattended on the stove.

 

.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.