UPDATE: Two families displaced after kitchen fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Two families displaced after kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: Two families have been displaced by a duplex fire. At 3 p.m., a 911 call was received reporting a fire in the right side of duplex at 5535 Jewell Road off of Highway 58.

The Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting a fully involved duplex fire for both units. Firefighters worked quickly to gain access to both units to conduct an interior attack.

Highway 58 VFD requested a Mutual Aid response from Tri-Community VFD to assist them on the scene. Bradley County Fire Rescue stood by at Highway 58 fire halls for any additional emergency calls In their district.

Fire officials report Kevin McKenzie was home at the time cooking in the kitchen. He explained the grease caught fire and spread throughout the kitchen.

He ran outside to notify the other tenant next door, Mr. Daniel Jimenez, that his side of the duplex was on fire.

No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries.

Damages are at $160,000 for both sides but maybe subject to change. Both families were uninsured.

The Mckenzie family will be staying with family members. Mr. Jimenez and Ms. Daisy Tesorero will be receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.




PREVIOUS STORY: Two families have been displaced after a kitchen grease fire started at a duplex in Harrison, TN at 6471 Colt Lane.

Hamilton County Emergency Services Public Information Officer, Amy Maxwell, told Channel 3 the Red Cross has been called to assist both of the families.

Stay with Channel 3 and WRCBtv.com for more on this developing story.

Powered by Frankly