An East Brainerd home is significantly damaged after a fire in the fireplace spread into the wall and attic. The Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department was called to 2281 Red Tail Lane just after 7 o'clock Saturday evening. The homeowner says he was having his last fire of the season, when he noticed smoke coming from built-in cabinets around the fireplace. He opened the cabinets to see flames spreading up the wall. The man and his family were able to escape the fire unharmed. There is no word on the total amount of damages to the home.