The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a fire at the NWA Plastic Company on Quintas Loop Road Wednesday evening.
When firefighters arrived the investigated and discovered the remains of a fire. It appears that a motor used to power an air compressor
overheated causing it to catch on fire. As the fire began to grow, a
sprinkler was activated. The activation of the sprinkler extinguished
the fire prior to the firefighters' arrival.
No estimate of damages has been given but is expected to be minimal.