Family loses everything in Christmas Eve fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Family loses everything in Christmas Eve fire

Posted: Updated:
EAST RIDGE, TN (WRCB) -

One East Ridge family spent their Christmas in a hotel room after a kitchen fire spiraled out of control. 

The Livingstons were all sleeping inside their home on Bennett Road, when 6-year-old Bethany woke up, smelled something burning and ran to alert her mother.

READ MORE | Fire damages East Ridge home

"When I walked into my Mommy's bedroom I saw smoke coming out," says Bethany.

Bethany's mother, Brandy, took her outside - after realizing the entire home was filled with black smoke. 

Brandy says, she noticed flames coming from the kitchen area - that's where investigators believe the fire may have started.

The family escaped unharmed and went door-to door- asking neighbors for help in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve.

The Livingstons lost a lot this Christmas - but say they are thankful they have each other - the clothes on their backs and a few personal items in their car.

The family is accepting clothing donations for the 6-year-old Bethany and 4-year-old Elijah. Brandy's contact number is 423-320-6031

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.