Kitchen fire causes $5K in estimated damage - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire causes $5K in estimated damage

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the Washington Hills area just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.  

Chattanooga Firefighters arrived at 6300 Hansley Drive to find light smoke coming from the home.

Firefighters entered the home and used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out in the kitchen area.

Firefighters tell Channel 3 the fire started on the stove and spread to the cabinets in the kitchen.

The house sustained smoke and heat damage and losses are estimated at 5,000.

One person was inside the home at the time of the fire but made it out of the safely.

The residents will be staying with relatives until repairs can be made.

Chattanooga Firefighters were assisted on scene by CPD, HCEMS and EPB.

Powered by Frankly