Kitchen fire damages Chattanooga apartment - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire damages Chattanooga apartment

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

A kitchen fire damaged a Chattanooga apartment Thursday evening.

Firefighters responded to Woodlawn Apartments on Wilson Street around 6 p.m. Thursday. They found the fire in the kitchen of apartment 6-H.

Neighbors used fire extinguishers to put out the flames. One person suffered minor irritation from the smoke and the chemicals in the fire extinguisher and was treated on the scene.

Firefighters found some hot spots in the walls so they had to remove doors from the cabinets, a portion of the countertop, and some drywall sections to make sure the fire was completely out.

Officials say the fire started on or around the stove and fire damage was contained to the kitchen.

The resident of the apartment was not home. The American Red Cross is assisting her.

Powered by Frankly