UPDATE: Chattanooga fire ruled accidental - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Chattanooga fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Officials have said a fire that broke out on Taylor Street Tuesday morning was accidental.

Firefighters dispatched just before 6 a.m. to the 3500 block of Taylor Street. Flames were visible shooting out the front window.

The homeowner, Stephen Boudy, told firefighters he woke up to the smell of smoke. He said it was getting very hot, so he had to jump out of his bedroom window to get out.

Crews found Boudy outside the home when they arrived. They think he may have injured his head during his escape and took him to the hospital as precaution. He was released later in the day

Crews were able to put the fire out quickly upon arrival, but the firefighters had to cut into the floor and exterior wall to make sure the fire was completely out. Most of the house was saved, because the fire damage was contained to the front room. However, the rest of the house sustained smoke and water damage.

Officials say the fire was likely due to an electrical malfunction.

 

 

Powered by Frankly