UPDATE: Feds to round up more suspects after 32 indicted on federal drug and weapon charges
UPDATE: Local, state and federal agencies continue Tuesday morning rounding up people indicted on federal drug and weapon charges.
Brad Byerley with the Drug Enforcement Agency told Channel 3 they have good leads on where to find the remaining individuals indicted by a federal grand jury. He said it's standard for it to take another day or two serving warrants in such a large round-up.
UPDATE: 32 people have been indicted, and 28 people charged with cocaine and crack cocaine distribution. This morning's sweep was done in partnership with the Chattanooga Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Agency.
Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said "This is an important day in our fight against violence in our community."
DEA officials and sheriff's deputies responded to a duplex on Gadd Road Monday morning, which authorities tell Channel 3 is part of a much larger drug bust.
READ MORE | The Federal indictment
According to Brad Byerley with the DEA, the home is involved in an ongoing federal investigation.
Byerley says multiple defendants are involved in the case and the US Attorneys office will release more information later in the day.
Neighbors told Channel 3 they've seen police at the Red Bank duplex before. The landlord told Channel 3 she's never had a problem with the renters of the duplex before.
READ MORE | Dept. of Justice indictment
Indictments charge the following with conspiracy to distribute 280 grams or more of cocaine base ("crack"), and/or five kilograms or more of cocaine:
- Robert Stephon North, 34, of Chattanooga
- Juanzell Jenkins, 37, of Adairsville, GA
- Joe Jenkins, 40, of Chattanooga
- Jumoke Johnson, Jr., 20, of Chattanooga
- Shannon D. Mitchell, 29, of Chattanooga
- Gerald Toney, 33, of Chattanooga
- Dejuan Cooper, 23, of Chattanooga
- Guy L. Wilkerson, Jr., 20, of Chattanooga
- Rodney Harris II, 22, of Chattanooga
- Frank White, 30, of Chattanooga
- Valentino Harris, 28, of Chattanooga
- Torrey Gilmore, 38, of Chattanooga
- Reginald D. Oakley, 39, of Chattanooga
- Tommy Ryals, 34, of Atlanta
- Juane Joseph, 19, of Chattanooga
- Leonita Blackmon, 32, of Chattanooga
- LaJeromeny Brown, 35, of Chattanooga
- Kenneth Hopkins, 49, of Chattanooga
- Kentarius Nealy, 20, of Chattanooga
- Idriss Barr, 29, of Chattanooga
- Adrian Washington, 36, of Chattanooga
- Milo E. Geiger, 36, of Chattanooga
- Jerry Wayne Alexander, Jr., 41, of Chattanooga
- Johnny Caldwell, Jr., 44, of Chattanooga
- Garry Brown, 24, of Chattanooga
- Robert Siler, 27, of Chattanooga
- Thaddius L. Humphrey, 32, of Chattanooga
Charged with possession of cocaine base ("crack") with the intent to distribute:
- Derrick L. Smith, 22, of Chattanooga
Charged with being convicted felons in possession of firearms:
- Donte Taylor, 27, of Chattanooga
- Rahmon Christian, 21, of Chattanooga
- Tramale Johnson, 25, of Chattanooga (also charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute)
Charged with car-jacking, brandishing a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, and being a felon in possession of a firearm:
- Stephone L. Reed, 23, of Chattanooga