Hamilton County driver's license office to stop reinstatements Nov. 15
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security said in a news release that the Northgate Center will no longer handle the reinstatement of driver's licences.
The department said that the resources and staff used for the reinstatements will be redeployed to better serves Tennessee residents.
The last day of service at the center is November 15.
"After reviewing the number of people served at this center, and the needs of the other centers in Hamilton County, it made sense to restructure the services we offer in Hamilton County in order to provide the best service we can to the most customers," Commissioner Bill Gibbons said. "However, we will monitor the restructuring and are willing to look at other reinstatement options in the area in the future."
The staff at the Hamilton County Driver License Reinstatement Center completed a total of 4,426 transactions this year.
That number is far smaller than the 27,828 transactions at the Bonny Oaks Driver Services Center and 18,397 transactions at the Red Bank Driver Services Center during that same time period.
Online options include:
Once confirmed, one may visit any driver service center to have a license reissued.
There are five alternate driver license reinstatement centers in Tennessee:
- West Knoxville Driver License Reinstatement Center, located at 430 Montbrook Lane, Knoxville
- Greene County Driver License Reinstatement Center, located at 1210 Hal Henard Road, Greenville
- Davidson County Driver License Reinstatement Center, located at 1601 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville
- Obion County Driver License Reinstatement Center, located at 1604B West Reelfoot Avenue, Union City
- Shelby County Driver License Reinstatement Center, located at Hickory Ridge Mall, Suite 502, 6075 Winchester Road, Memphis