Firefighters: Improperly discarded smoking materials cause fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters: Improperly discarded smoking materials cause fire

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Improperly discarded smoking materials caused a fire in Chattanooga Tuesday, officials say.

Firefighters say they responded to the 3400 block of Persimmon Lane around 6:30 Tuesday evening.

Smoke and flames were visible towards the back of the house. Firefighters got it under control quickly, but the house sustained about $30,000 in damages.

Firefighters say the cause appears accidental, and likely the result of  improperly discarded smoking materials on the back porch.

Red Cross is assisting the family.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.