Magnet school application submission begins Nov. 1st
Beginning November 1, 2013, parents interested in their children attending one of the following magnet schools in Hamilton County can submit an application for the 2014-2015 school year:
- Barger Academy (K-5)
- Battle Academy (K-5)
- Brown International Academy (K-5)
- Center for Creative Arts (6-12) (audition required)
- Donaldson Environmental Science Academy (K-5)
- East Lake Academy (6-8)
- Lakeside Academy (K-5)
- Normal Park Museum Magnet (K-8)
- STEM High School (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Academy of Math, Science and Technology (9-12) (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Middle Academy of Math, Science and Technology (6-8)
Applications may be completed online at www.hcde.org or paper applications picked up at any magnet school or at the Hamilton County Department of Education's Central Office beginning November 1. The deadline for applying is January 31, 2014.
A public drawing or lottery will be held in February 2014 to determine the seat placement of the applicants.