Murray Co. house fire caused by space heater - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Murray Co. house fire caused by space heater

Posted: Updated:
MURRAY COUNTY, GA (WRCB) -

Barton Bailey from Murray County received a call from emergency crews Monday morning. 

He was told the space heater caught fire destroying everything inside.  Barton lived in the home over 18 years located  on Corvette Road Bailey. 

The 3 bedroom house was filed with soot and ruined furniture.

Now that the temperatures are slowly dropping , firefighters are offering tips to keep your home safe this winter. 

The Murray County Fire Chief says, "make sure your chimney and vents are cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional. Chimneys are one of the leading cause of fires right behind forgetting to turn off the main source of power"

Officials also suggest using a glass or metal screen in front to prevent sparks from igniting carpets or nearby furniture

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.