Man killed in suspected gas leak identified - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Man killed in suspected gas leak identified

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) - Authorities have identified a Tennessee man who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in his mobile home at the Talladega Superspeedway.

Talladega County Deputy Coroner Larry Seals said Monday that 46-year-old Craig Morgan was found dead in his motor home near the racetrack on Saturday afternoon. Investigators have said Morgan's wife was also taken to UAB Hospital in critical condition.

Seals says he's unsure of where in Tennessee the couple was from.

Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore has said friends the couple went to the NASCAR race with found them unresponsive inside the motor home.

Seals told WBRC-TV the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.