THP releases names of fatalities and those injured in bus/semi crash in Tennessee
The Tennessee Highway Patrol has released positive identification and next of kin notification has been made on the driver of the tractor trailer involved in Wednesday's crash on Interstate 40 westbound near mile marker 423 near Dandridge, TN in Jefferson County.
Mose Farmer, 66, of New Orleans, LA, was the tractor trailer driver killed in the crash.
At the time of the crash, Farmer was operating a 2014 Volvo tractor trailer loaded with paper towels for B.A.H. Express out of Calhoun, GA.
Fatalities in the church bus:
- Cloyce Matheny (M), 95, Statesville, NC
- Brenda Smith, 69, Statesville, NC
- Marsha Mclelland, 62, Statesville, NC (wife of injured Ed Mclelland)
- Barbara Morrison, 66, Statesville, NC (wife of Randy Morrison)
- Randy Morrison (Driver), 66, Statesville, NC (husband of Barbara Morrison)
- John Wright, 73, Mocksville, NC
Those injured in the church bus:
- Thomas L. Smith, 74, Statesville, NC
- Joanna L. Elledge, 70, Statesville, NC
- Benny Elledge, 72, Statesville, NC
- Sandra Boyer, 67, Statesville, NC
- Marvin Boyer, 74, Statesville, NC
- Doris Swaim, 68, Statesville, NC
- Steven Swaim, 68, Statesville, NC
- Norma J. Hellard, 78, Statesville, NC
- Beverly Wright, 62, Mocksville, NC
- Brenda Jolly, 70, Statesville, NC
- Wanda Martin, 63, Statesville, NC
- Ed Mclelland, 64, Statesville, NC (husband of deceased Marsha Mclelland)
A Chevrolet Tahoe, also involved in the accident, had a fatality of:
- Trent Roberts (rear passenger), 24, Knoxville, TN
Those injured in the Chevrolet Tahoe
- Tim Wacker (front passenger), 28, Knoxville, TN
- Jordan D. Payne (M) (Driver), 24, Knoxville, TN
Tractor Trailer fatality:
- Mose Farmer, 66, New Orleans, LA
The accident remains under investigation for the Tennessee Highway Patrol and other agencies.