Chattanooga Police and Fire responded to a fire at a home on Mountain Creek Road.
Emergency responders were called to the home on Mountain Creek Road at Grandview around 9:30 a.m.
Firefighters say smoke was visible when they arrived.
Officials say firefighters found the fire in a back room where the electrical panel was located. The fire had spread to the attic before they could get it under control.
A neighbor says the family smelled smoke and got out of the house to call 911.
The family got out of the house unharmed. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee were called in to provide assistance to the family.
Officials say the fire is likely accidental and due to an electrical malfunction.
The house sustained approximately $100,000 in damage.
The spill should be cleared early this afternoon, according to a news release from Chattanooga State.
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files