Unattended breakfast causes kitchen fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Unattended breakfast causes kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -

Dallas Bay volunteer firefighters responded to a house fire on Wellthor Circle Sunday morning.

Fire officials say they received a call around 10 a.m. of a kitchen fire. Responders reported smoke coming from the front of the house.

Firefighters say the kitchen was on fire and they were able to put it out within minutes.

The homeowner said she was cooking breakfast and walked away from the stove for a minute. When she returned, the fire was spreading in the kitchen.

No one was injured.

Damages were reported around $10,000.

Powered by Frankly