Josh West, Public Relations Manager at Blount Memorial Hospital, said 18 people were treated after a chemical incident at the Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa.

Alcoa Deputy Fire Chief Tom Daffron says an employee accidentally improperly mixed chemicals including bleach, which created a chemical gas.

The patients mainly had skin, eye and lung irritation. Daffron says the people were all conscious when they were taken to the hospital.

He says crews are working inside the restaurant to ventilate the building, monitor the air and remove the chemical smell.

Read more from our NBC affiliate WBIR.