Family says dog saved them from carbon monoxide poisoning - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Family says dog saved them from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
Source: WBIR Source: WBIR

BRISTOL, VA (WBIR) -- A Bristol, Virginia family is recovering after a close call with a silent killer and they have their dog to thank for their lives.

Michael Carr was asleep Thursday night when his dog Buster Brown woke him up. He got up and found his girlfriend was unconscious on the stairs near his room.

He began looking for help outside, and some fortunate timing helped save his family.

"There was a life saving crew that was coming up the road that wasn't even coming here. It was going over to Brother Road and I stopped them," said Carr.

Read more from our NBC affiliate WBIR.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.