Family of six escapes burning home - | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Family of six escapes burning home

Posted: Updated:

A family of six is displaced after escaping from their burning home Sunday morning. The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to the 5:40 a.m. call at 3639 Sapulpa Street with several fire companies.

Battalion Chief Jeff Eldridge said the family of two adults and four children heard the smoke alarm and were safely out of the home when firefighters arrived.

The bulk of the fire was in the laundry room and appears to have started in or around the clothes dryer. Firefighters saved most of the house but damage is estimated at $25,000.

Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee are assisting the family.

Powered by Frankly