Neighbor, firefighters save Dallas Bay home from fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Neighbor, firefighters save Dallas Bay home from fire

Posted: Updated:

HAMILTON COUNTY, TN. (WRCB) -- Quick action by a neighbor saved a home in Dallas Bay Thursday.

It happened in the 1700 block of Colorado Street, shortly after 5:00 p.m.

Hamilton County EMS spokeswoman Amy Maxwell says smoke was pouring from vents on the roof when firefighters arrived.

She says it took two teams just eight minutes to put out the flames in the attic.

The homeowner, who was home at the time, was alerted to the fire by his neighbor.

No one was injured.

Maxwell says an electrical malfunction started the fire.

Damage is estimated at $3,000.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.