Kitchen fire displaces family of 4 - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire displaces family of 4

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- A family of four is homeless after a fire tore through their home on Intermont Circle overnight Saturday.

Chattanooga Police responded to the fire around 1 a.m. Sunday. Crews reported heavy smoke and fire visible.

The homeowner, his father, two children and a dog all got out safely.

The homeowner says the fire started in the kitchen from an electrical outlet a toaster was hooked up to. He says he tried to put the fire out himself before calling 911.

The house sustained substantial damage.

No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.