Some dirty hands, but clean coffee and subs
Restaurants and hotel/motels are routinely inspected every six months by the Hamilton County Health Department.
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- Dining out this weekend?
The inspectors at the Hamilton County Health Department had a great week, with no failing grades to report among the 25 restaurants visited.
As a matter of fact, the low score was a tie at 83.
According to Chief Inspector Jack Falcon, only one critical violation was found at each restaurant.
The McDonald's on Browns Ferry Road had cleaning chemicals out of place and the kitchen workers at El Metate on Hixson Pike were not washing their hands.
On the other end of the scale, what about a 96 at Starbucks Hamilton Place and the Subway on East Brainerd road.
Please remember if you have a complaint about a restaurant, call the Hamilton County Health Department Hotline at (423) 209-8110 or email your complaint to me and I will send it on to the inspectors.
Enjoy your meal!
The Hamilton County Health Department Inspection schedule:
- Restaurants – Inspected every 6 months (180 days)
- Hotels/Motels – Inspected every 6 months (180 days)
- Swimming Pools – Inspected every 30 days (in season)
- Day Care Facilities – Inspected every 6 months (180 days)
- Schools – Inspected every 6 months (180 days)
- Camps – Inspected twice per year (in season)
- Tattoo Establishments – Inspected every 3 months (90 days)
- Body Piercing Establishments – Inspected every 3 months (90 days)