Lookout Valley house fire gives rough start to first night - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Lookout Valley house fire gives rough start to first night for renters

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- New renters of a home in Lookout Valley were surprised to find their new home was ablaze Tuesday night.

A passerby stopped to alert Taylor and Coty Morrow, and their infant child that the porch of their rented home at 156 Isbill Road was on fire.

Firefighters from the Chattanooga Fire Department responded and put the fire out before it could further damage the home.

No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. CFD Chief Lesley Morgan said the fire appears to have been started by improperly discarded cigarettes in a garbage can that was located on the covered porch area.

The loss from the fire was estimated at around $30,000.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.