UPDATE: Woman burned by grease fire in stable condition - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Woman burned by grease fire in stable condition

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- A woman was taken to the hospital after a kitchen fire at The Reserve at Creekside apartment complex on East Brainerd Road.

Officials say a 41-year-old woman was heating up a pot of grease when it burst into flames.

She says she tried to carry it to the front door, but it closed on her and she ran into it, spilling hot grease on herself.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived.

The woman was taken to Erlanger with serious burns.

She was later transported to Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia and was listed in stable condition Wednesday afternoon.

Her name has not been released.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.