Officials: Child cooking starts house fire - | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Officials: Child cooking starts house fire

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- A Friday afternoon kitchen fire has left a family of six without a place to live.

The fire started just after 1 p.m. at a home on Wheeler Avenue in Chattanooga. Investigators say a child was cooking for siblings when the fire started.

Their mother was not at home, but arrived shortly after the fire started.

No one was hurt.

Officials say the fire caused about 10-thousand dollars in damage.

Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.