2 motel employees fall ill after carbon monoxide exposure - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

2 motel employees fall ill after carbon monoxide exposure

Posted: Updated:
Source: Bruce Garner Source: Bruce Garner

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- Two Holiday Inn Express employees fell ill over suspected exposure to carbon monoxide.

Officials with the Chattanooga Fire Department say they responded to the Holiday Inn Express on Hixson Pike around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

They say two housekeepers were in a basement laundry room when they began feeling dizzy and nauseous. One of the house keepers got physically sick.

Firefighters evacuated the building. They used gas monitors to check the building and found elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The building was ventilated and aired and deemed safe to return to.

The two women were taken to Memorial Hospital Hixson for treatment.

Motel management and Chattanooga Gas officials are working to determine what caused the leak and repair it.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.