Fire damages room at Best Western - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Fire damages room at Best Western

Posted: Updated:

Chattanooga fire officials are investigating a fire that damaged a Hamilton County hotel.

Firefighters responded to a fire at the Best Western on Lee Highway late Monday night.

When they arrived, the fire was out. Officials say an occupant in the adjoining room had put it out with a fire extinguisher.

Damage was limited to a small area of the room.

Officials believe a short in an electrical cord going to the heating unit caused the fire.

Powered by Frankly