UPDATE: Fire at Lee Highway hotel ruled accidental - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Fire at Lee Highway hotel ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
Photo by WRCB photojournalist Lee Broome Photo by WRCB photojournalist Lee Broome

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- The cause of the fire at the Best Western on Lee Highway has been ruled accidental.

Officials say the fire was most likely started by an electrical malfunction in the room where the fire was located.

It happened shortly before 9:00 p.m. Monday at the Best Western on Lee Highway.

Chattanooga Fire Chief Randy Parker says firefighters saw smoke coming from a room on the second floor.

Firefighters were able to put the flames out quickly, while other firefighters evacuated the surrounding rooms.

Chief Parker says no one was found in the room, and hotel management confirmed no guest was registered to it.

The dollar loss was estimated at around $10,000.

No was injured.

Chief Parker says some of the guests were moved to another room.

 

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.