RED BANK, TN (WRCB) -- A pair of Red Bank residents escaped injury after a Christmas Eve fire caused $60,000 in damages.
Around 12:30 Monday afternoon,Red Bank firefighters respond to a reported house fire at 333 West Midvale Avenue. When the first engine arrived on the scene, they reported fire showing in the front of the house.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and contain it to just two rooms. Even so, damages were estimated to be around $60,000
Red Bank Fire officials reported the two residence were home asleep when they awoke to the smell of smoke. They evacuated the house and called 9-1-1.
The fire has been initially ruled as accidental due to unattended smoking material. No injuries were reported.
Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services also responded to the scene to assist Red Bank Fire Department.
Saturday, May 25 2013 12:29 AM EDT2013-05-25 04:29:53 GMT
Legendary high school basketball coach Robert High has been told he will not be Brainerd boys' coach next season.More >>
One of the most accomplished coaching careers in Chattanooga sports history came to a sudden end Friday morning when Robert High was told he no longer would be in charge of boys' basketball at Brainerd High School.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 6:10 PM EDT2013-05-24 22:10:11 GMT
Six teenagers could do time for a crime spree in Chattanooga.More >>
Six teenagers could do time for a crime spree in Chattanooga. Police say a homeowner in the Hurricane Creek community caught the teens burglarizing their home. They carjacked the homeowner, then robbed three other people at gunpoint across town.More >>
Dan Sligh and his wife were in their pickup truck on Interstate 5 heading to a camping trip when a bridge before them disappeared in a "big puff of dust."More >>
The trucker was hauling drilling equipment when his load bumped against the steel framework over an Interstate 5 bridge. He looked in his rearview mirror and watched in horror as the span collapsed into the water behind him....More >>