Overnight oversized loads to affect I-75 south in Bradley and McMinn counties
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- Several oversized loads transported along I-75 South in McMinn and Bradley Counties to the Wacker Polysilicon facility in Charleston, TN will continue this week and during the first part of next week. Each oversized load will be transported along the section of I-75 South from Exit 49 to Exit 36 on one evening, then from Exit 36 to Exit 33 the following evening.
The speed of the vehicle used to transport the oversized loads will average 10 – 15 m.p.h., and the vehicle will occupy both lanes on the interstate. A substantial traffic impact is anticipated during these moves. The Tennessee Highway Patrol, TDOT crews and local law enforcement will assist with traffic control.
Motorists are urged to plan an alternate route during these time periods. Those who must travel on I-75 South are urged to be patient and watch for changing conditions as this oversized equipment is moved through the area.
The moves will take place on I-75 South between the hours of 8:00 p.m. EDT and 7:00 a.m. EDT the following morning on these dates:
- Monday, July 30, 2012 from Exit 49 to Exit 36, McMinn County
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012 from Exit 36 in McMinn County to Exit 33 in Bradley County
- Wednesday, August 1, 2012 from Exit 49 to Exit 36, McMinn County
- Thursday, August 2, 2012 from Exit 36 in McMinn County to Exit 33 in Bradley County
- Monday, August 6, 2012 from Exit 49 to Exit 36, McMinn County
- Tuesday, August 7, 2012 from Exit 36 in McMinn County to Exit 33 in Bradley County