Hardin and Cook Win July Southern 175 Series Bass Tournament
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - The Southern 175 Series held the fifth bass tournament of its six tournament season this Sunday, July 15, 2012, out of Chester Frost Park.
The team of Wes Hardin and Jason Cook caught a five-bass limit weighing 21.74 pounds to win first place and $500 in the July Southern 175 Series bass tournament.
Herbert Hall and Andy Lusk took over-all big-fish honors with a giant largemouth bass weighing 6.76 pounds and earned them $300.
Most teams reported catching their fish early and then struggling to get bites as the day went on.
Third Place Angler Haden Lamb said, "fishing conditions were real tough today, we had the fish we weighed in by 8:30 this morning and never culled the rest of the day"
The Southern 175 series will end its season with a Classic in September in which the winners will receive a brand new Tracker bass boat from Island Cove Marine.
Tournament organizer Tim Thornbury says, "This tournament trail was designed to level the playing field for angler's who do not have the bigger horse power boats which are common place in today's bass tournaments."
Only boat owners that have 175 hp. engines and below on their boat are eligible to fish the Southern 175 Series.
Rounding out the top 10 places:
- 1st - Wes Hardin and Jason Cook with 21.74 lbs., good for $500
- 2nd - David Ogle and Bobby Ogle with 19.84 lbs., good for $340
- 3rd - Taylor Massingill and Haden Lamb with 19.15 lbs., good for $140
- 4th - Mark Varady and Mark Keith with 18.53 lbs., good for $100
- 5th - Jeff Richmond and Greg Lamb with 17.71 lbs.
- 6th - William Slatton and Roy Yother with 17.59 lbs.
- 7th - Anthony Correll and Joesph Shadrick with 16.56 lbs.
- 8th - Chris Coffey and Nick Pratt with 16.47 lbs.
- 9th - Wade Kilgore and Robbie McGill with 16.36 lbs.
- 10th - Larry Johnson and Jake Debin with 15.34 lbs.
For more info visit: www.southern175series.com