Josh and Bruce Wofford Win Pepsi July C.B.A. Open
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - The team of Josh and Bruce Wofford caught a five-bass limit weighing 19.16 pounds to win first place and $2,000 in the Pepsi July CBA Open Bass tournament this Saturday at Chester Frost Park. They were also the overall big fish winners with a giant largemouth bass weighing 6.38 pounds which earned them and extra $210. The team reported catching their fish early in the day on several key deep structure areas.
John Taylor and Gary Nelson won the biggest spot award with a spotted bass weighing .55 pounds and earned them $70.
Mark Varady and Mark Kieth won the biggest smallmouth award with a smallmouth bass weighing 3.52 pounds and earned them $70
The highest finishing New Team Award went to the team of Tom Brindle and Brian Wilson earning them a free entry into next month's event.
The team of David and Bradley Warfield were they highest finishing Youth Division Team and also earned a free entry into next month's tournament.
.Rounding out the remaining top 7 places:
- 2nd: Brent Tharpe and Brandon Roop 19.12 lbs., $600
- 3rd: Robert Simpson and Danny Daniels 18.40 lbs., $450
- 4th: Justin Medley and Glen Gamble 17.02 lbs., $350
- 5th: Wes Hardin and Jason Cook 16.93 lbs., $250
- 6th: Jim McClanahan and Derek McCullough 16.76 lbs., $200
- 7th: Mark Varady and Mark Kieth 16.25 lbs., $150
For more info visit www.cbatournament.com