Neighbors rescue man from burning apartment - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Neighbors rescue man from burning apartment

Posted: Updated:
CLEVELAND, BRADLEY COUNTY -

(WRCB)  - Quick thinking neighbors were able to save an elderly overnight in Cleveland.

Paramedics were called around 11:00 p.m. to the apartments at 2904 Henderson Avenue NW on reports of an unconscious man.

Neighbors discovered the 77-year-old man passed out in his recliner after noticing the apartment on fire.

The bystanders were able to break into the apartment and drag the recliner from the home.

When Cleveland Fire Department arrived on scene they found flames throughout the apartment.

The man was stabilized by EMTs and taken to Sky Ridge Medical Center. His condition is not known at this time.

Powered by WorldNow
Can't find what you're looking for?

WRCB-TV
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-5412

WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WRCB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.