How to Get the Best Gas Mileage Out Of Your Bass Boat
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - Bass boats come in many weights and sizes which has a direct effect on the mileage you get per gallon of gas from your outboard engine. Here are some tips to get the most out of your rig.
- Try to find the r.p.m. cruise range that has been tested to be the most fuel efficient for your outboard engine. Owner's manual or the manufactures web site would be a good place to start.
- Find the correct trim angle for your engine that has good prop bite and good water pressure, as well as front end lift.
- Weight has a direct effect on gas mileage , so try to keep the total weight of your boat as low as possible. Too much tackle is one of the main items that adds weight to your boat.
- Use your g.p.s. to run good straight lines when changing fishing locations .
- Keep your engine's fuel system clean, and change spark plugs on manufactures recommended schedule.
These tips can save you a few bucks while fishing, good luck, think safe, and have fun.