Laundry room fire causes smoke damage on Ashley Forest Ln. - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Laundry room fire causes smoke damage on Ashley Forest Ln.

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – A Chattanooga family is back in their home Friday night, following an afternoon fire.

Fire Chief Randy Parkers tells Channel 3, firefighters were called to the home in the 700 block of Ashley Forest Lane shortly after 12:30 p.m.

Parker says fire broke out in the laundry room and was quickly contained, but that didn't stop the smoke from moving throughout much of the house.

Fire crews used ventilation fans to clear the home, before a thorough inspection.

The homeowner told fire investigators the dryer was last used late Thursday.

Thankfully, no one was injured and the home was turned over to the owner.

Damage is estimated at $15,000.

Powered by Frankly