Resident wakes to fire in bedroom - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Resident wakes to fire in bedroom

Posted: Updated:

HIXSON, HAMILTON CO., TN (WRCB) -  A home is damaged by fire early Thursday morning.

It happened just before 5:30AM on Sterling Road in the Dallas Bay area.

The homeowner, Frank Crawford told firefighters that his grandson felt a lot of heat near his face and woke up to see fire crawling up the wall in his bedroom. Mr. Crawford tried to put the fire out with a hose, but was unsuccessful. He and his wife Marilyn managed to get everyone safely out of the house.

When the Dallas Bay Fire Department arrived at the house, they saw flames in the front bedroom. They managed to contain the fire to that room.

Chief Fritts of the Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department reports that a box fan in the bedroom caught fire and spread to nearby curtains.

No injuries were reported. Damages are listed at $10,000.

Powered by Frankly