Ronald McDonald House closes temporarily; mold found in rooms
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – The Ronald McDonald House in Chattanooga is temporarily closing after mold was discovered in several rooms.
In a written statement released to Channel 3, the organization said "After a series of rigorous inspections, preliminary tests results indicate that there is evidence of mold in four rooms at our Ronald McDonald House. In the interest of the health and safety of our guest families, we have made the decision to close the House temporarily while we remediate the issue. Working with the experts in this field, we will re-open the House welcoming families as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we are working with our partner hospitals and generous donors to find temporary accommodations for the families who have been residing in the House. The Ronald McDonald Family Room inside Children's Hospital at Erlanger will offer meals, shower and laundry facilities and a place to rest for our families when they are visiting the hospital. We are working hard to make this a smooth transition as we care deeply for the children and their families and want only for them to be safe."