UPDATED: Contractor injured at Memorial Hospital
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – A contractor has been injured at Memorial Hospital.
According to Memorial Hospital, a contractor cut through a live electrical conduit. The contractor suffered electrical burns.
The incident cut power to the hospital, and forced the facility on to generator power.
Hospital officials say the emergency room was forced to divert patients to other hospitals temporarily.
The contractor is being treated, but his condition has not yet been released.
The hospital is now back to normal operations.
Channel 3 has a crew on scene and will have the latest as soon as it becomes available.