Father and Son Win August CBA Night Tournament
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - The father and son team of Jeff and Jacob Todd caught a five-bass limit weighing 23.71 pounds to win first place and $2,000 in the Buffalo Wild Wings August Open night tournament.
The win also earned them a spot into the 2011 CBA Classic in October. The duo also received the highest finishing Tow Boat US member award worth another $100.
Jeff reported that they fished around shallow grass with top water baits to catch their fish.
The highest finishing New Team Award went to the team of JR Suites and Phillip Ledford.
The highest finishing Youth Division Award went to the team of Jeff Todd and Jacob Todd.
Rounding out the remaining top 8 places:
- 2nd: Chris Coleman and Jim Cross 21.47 lbs., $600
- 3rd: Roy Dye and Drew Tompkins 21.25 lbs., $450
- 4th: JR Suites and Phillip Ledford 19.82 lbs., $350
- 5th: Keith Ellis and Roger Kendrick 19.79 lbs., $250
- 6th: Tony Townsend and Galen James 19.29 lbs., $200
- 7th: Lee Metcalf and Dustin Elrod 19.15 lbs., $150
Big Fish Winners:
Phillip Ledford and Jack Suits - 6.70 lb. Largemouth
James Burkhart and Chris Burkhart - 3.52 lb. Smallmouth
Mark Varady and Mark Keith - .84 lb. Spotted bass