Bad dream saves north Georgia man from fire
ROME, GA. (AP) - A Rome man's nightmare might have saved his life.
The Rome News-Tribune reports that Tony Vasser was awakened by a bad dream late Saturday night just minutes before his mobile home in Rome caught fire. Vasser, who uses a wheelchair, had left the home to talk to a neighbor when he noticed the blaze.
Vasser told the newspaper he thinks his window air-conditioning unit caused the fire. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly but not before extensive damage was done to Vasser's kitchen and living room.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.