CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - One hundred and four anglers, making up 52 teams, headed out at first light Saturday morning from the boat dock at Chester Frost Park to take part in the 2011 Cleveland Boat Center June CBA Open Bass Tournament.
The Chattanooga Bass Association is a twelve-event open bass tournament series with a two day year-end Classic event. This was their sixth event of the season.
The weigh-in was definitely a nail biter with the top 3 places being within ounces of each other in weight.
The team of Scott Schauwecker and Mark Kinsey from Hixson, Tenn., came out on top with a five-bass limit weighing 22.79 pounds to win first place and $2,000.
Scott reported catching most of their fish by 9:30 in the morning and being able to cull a couple of fish late in the day to help improve their overall weight. They caught all their fish with soft plastic baits on ledges and humps 15 to 20 feet deep.
The team of Danny Daniels and Robert Simpson had big fish of the tournament weighing 6.29 pounds as well as big smallmouth of the tournament which weighed 2.50 pounds.
The team Darcy Boynton and Jessie Bird had big spot of the tournament weighing 1.84 pounds.
Rounding out the remaining top 10 places:
- 2nd: Tom Kizziah and Tom Kizziah III 21.62 lbs.., $650
- 3rd: Brandon Roop and Brent Tharpe 21.13 lbs.., $500
- 4th: JB McMillon and Jared McMillon 18.90 lbs.., $400
- 5th: Heath Pack and Trevor Prince 18.89 lbs.., $300
- 6th: Jim Cofer and Matt Wenorf 18.38 lbs., $250
- 7th: Jeff Reed and Allen Lewis 18.01 lbs., $200
- 8th: Jim Kester and Clark Akins 17.45 lbs., $150