UPDATED: Riverbend road closures
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – Chattanooga has updated the list of road closures for the Riverbend Festival.
Several downtown roads will be closed for the festival which is scheduled for June 10-18.
CLOSED Now through Thursday, June 23 at 6:00PM:
- Riverfront Parkway from 2nd Street to Molly Street
- Chestnut form 2nd Street to Riverfront Parkway
- Power Alley from 2nd Street to Riverfront Parkway
- Riverfront Parkway will be closed at Lindsey Street from 4:00PM until midnight every night of the Riverbend Festival except on Monday, June 13.
Entry to River Pier Landing parking garage will be available at all times from Chestnut Street and 3rd Street.
CLOSED Nightly at 4:00 p.m. (except June 13)
- Riverfront Parkway at Lindsey Street
- Market Street at 2nd Street and 3rd Street
- Broad Street at 4th Street
- Chestnut Street at 3rd Street
CLOSED Monday June 13 for Bessie Smith Strut:
Streets will remain closed until 11:00 p.m.
CLOSED AT 1:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from Georgia Avenue to Magnolia Street
CLOSED AT 4:30 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from Market Street to Magnolia Street
- Georgia Avenue from McCallie Avenue to East 10th Street
- Patten Parkway
- All streets crossing ML King Boulevard from Market Street to Magnolia Street and between 8th Street and 10th Street
Cross traffic on Lindsay Street will be allowed until 4:30 pm.
Right turn traffic from Lindsay Street to ML King Boulevard will be allowed until 4:30 pm.
Cherry Street from 7th Street to 8th Street will be closed to thru traffic from 4:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
CLOSED Saturday June 18 for Riverbend Runs 6:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.:
- Gateway Avenue/West 6th Street from Cameron Hill Circle to Chestnut Street
- Southbound curb lane of Chestnut Street from West 2nd Street to West 6th Street
- Eastbound curb lane of 2nd Street from Chestnut Street to Market Street
- Northbound curb lane of Market Street from 2nd Street to Frazier Avenue
- Eastbound curb lane of Frazier Avenue from the Market Street Bridge to the Walnut Street Bridge
- Eastbound 2nd Street from Market Street to Riverside Drive
- Eastbound curb lane of Riverside Drive from 2nd Street to Houston Street
- Houston Street between Riverside Drive
- East 3rd Street from Houston Street to Mabel Street
- Mabel Street from East 3rd Street to Battery Place
- Westbound Riverside Drive from the Boat House Restaurant to East 2nd Street
Motorists are advised to watch for runners and proceed with caution in these areas.
CLOSED Saturday June 18 for Riverbend Fun Run and Walk 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
- Cameron Hill Circle
- Gateway Avenue
- Cameron Hill Circle to M L King Boulevard
- Inside east and west bound lanes of M L King Boulevard from Gateway Avenue to Riverfront Parkway