Catoosa Schools to start in September
CATOOSA COUNTY, GA (WRCB) -- Catoosa County School Board announced Tuesday that students will return to school in September.
The Board of Education held a special called meeting on May 24, 2011.
The purpose of the meeting was to revise the 2011-2012 school calendar. The Board voted to start school on September 6, 2011.
Ringgold High School and Middle School sustained damage in the April 27th tornado. Ringgold High School is repairable, and a section of Ringgold Middle School is repairable.
The contractor will need at least 100 days to have the buildings ready to go back to school. The revisions to the calendar are to give the contractors the additional time needed to get the schools ready.
The plan is to use Ringgold Middle School for 6th and 7th grade students and Ringgold High School for 8th – 12th grade students.
The Revised Calendar:
- The 2011-2012 school year will provide 166 days of instruction
- Elementary schedules will not change
- All schools will begin at approximately 8:00 a.m.
- The school day for secondary students will be approximately 15 minutes longer to meet required seat time – school will end at approximately 3:45 p.m.
- Fall Break and Spring Break will remain the same (October 17 – 21 and April 2 – 6)
- The last day for students remains unchanged (May 25)
- Athletic and band programs will begin on a normal schedule