CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- An elderly couple, without power since the historic storm, was found dead by their daughter Saturday afternoon.
Police say the couple on Fox Drive in Chattanooga was using a generator inside their closed garage, which released carbon monoxide that ultimately killed them.
It the fatalities are weather-related, since the couple had been without power since Wednesday's storm. It is unknown if FEMA will include them in the death toll.
Police are still on the scene along with Channel 3.
Stay with WRCBtv.com for update.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has ordered a review of how well the national gun background check system is working, a response to the deadly shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
900 Whitehall Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
WRCB Jobs EEO | FCC Public Files