Careless smoking believed to be cause of trash fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Careless smoking believed to be cause of trash fire

Posted: Updated:

By WRCB Staff

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- Chattanooga Fire crews put out a small fire behind a business.

Crews got the call about 8:15 pm Monday night, for a small fire outside Grande Salon at 6343 E. Brainerd Rd.

Once on scene firefighters found trash on fire out back.

Firefighters were able to contain most of the fire to the rear of the building. There is some smoke damage inside.

No one was in the store at the time and there are no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $3,500. The cause is believed to be accidental, most likely from careless smoking.

Powered by Frankly