Pharmacy Issues Wrong Dosage to Toddler
By Antwan Harris
Eyewitness News Reporter
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- A toddler is now home after spending days in the intensive care unit after a mix-up at the pharmacy caused him to overdose on his medicine.
Little Callen Haug is recovering at home tonight with his family but it was touch and go for a while - his parents didn't know if he'd survive.
The boys father says he was diagnosed with an ear infection and given the wrong dosage by a 24-hour pharmacy, 2 teaspoons instead of 2 milligrams.
Callen's mother noticed him having balance issues, all thought to be from the ear infection.
Callen was later taken to T.C. Thompson after his mother found him unresponsive.
There he spent days in natal intensive care diagnosed with an over dose.
The pharmacy in question has not returned our calls.
The community is doing its part to help for example,
Relentless Life Church has posted prayer request on Facebook.
The family says Callen is recovering steadily.