Ceiling fan blamed for house fire
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - A ceiling fan is being blamed for a Sunday afternoon house fire.
Firefighters were called to a home on Savannah Estates Circle just before 1 p.m.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy fire on the back side of the home.
Tin walls, metal studs, and heavy insulation held the fire tight and made it difficult for firefighters to knock it down quickly.
Chief Danny Wright with the Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department said the garage door of the home blew off because of the heavy pressure from the suction of the fire.
The homeowner told fire investigators the ceiling fan in the kitchen was not working well. He told firefighters he was trying to fix it when the fan sparked and fire spread.
No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any
The homeowner was not injured. The fire department says the home suffered significant damage. Damages are estimated at around $80,000.
The homeowner was insured.