Overnight fire started by space heater - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Overnight fire started by space heater

Posted: Updated:

By WRCB Staff

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- Fire Investigators say a space heater is likely to blame for a late night apartment fire.

Crews were called to an Oak Street residence just before Midnight Tuesday night.

It's an older home, that now house four separate apartments.

Investigators say a space heater was sitting too close to a sofa. When it came on the back of the couch eventually got too hot, and caught fire.

No one was injured.

Firefighters contained the fire to one apartment. They say it did spread into the walls, but damage was minor.

Powered by Frankly